The erlenmeyer shake flask is a triangular cell culture container, which is mostly used for cultivating various suspension cells or storing and preparing medium. After the cells have grown to a certain extent, we need to subculture them, so how to do it specifically?
Since the cells are already suspended in the growth medium, there is no need for enzymes to detach them from the surface of the culture vessel, and the method is simple. First prepare the erlenmeyer shake flask with suspended cells; pre-warm the complete growth medium to 37°C; fill the 37°C incubator with humidified air with 5% carbon dioxide. There are two ways to subculture suspension cells:
1. Direct transmission method
1. When the suspension cells grow to 80%-90% (the cell suspension turns yellow), they can be subcultured;
2. Discard 1/2-1/3 of the cell suspension with a pipette;
3. Add an appropriate amount of fresh medium and continue to cultivate.
2. Centrifugal passage method (in the case of cell debris found)
1. Transfer the cell suspension to a centrifuge tube;
2. Centrifuge at 150 g for 5 min, discard the supernatant;
3. Use fresh medium to resuspend the cells;
4. Take an appropriate amount of cell suspension with the pipette, put it into a new erlenmeyer shake flask, and then add an appropriate amount of fresh medium to continue the culture.
The above is the subculture operation of suspension cells in erlenmeyer shake flask. During the operation, we must strictly implement aseptic operation to avoid introducing external pollution and affecting cell growth.
The FAI climbed 5.9 percent year-on-year in the first 11 months of 2018, quickening from the 5.7-percent growth in Jan-Oct, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Friday in an online statement.
The key indicator of investment, dubbed a major growth driver, hit the bottom in August and has since started to rebound steadily.
In the face of emerging economic challenges home and abroad, China has stepped up efforts to stabilize investment, in particular rolling out measures to motivate private investors and channel funds into infrastructure.
Friday's data showed private investment, accounting for more than 60 percent of the total FAI, expanded by a brisk 8.7 percent.
NBS spokesperson Mao Shengyong said funds into weak economic links registered rapid increases as investment in environmental protection and agriculture jumped 42 percent and 12.5 percent respectively, much faster than the average.
In breakdown, investment in high-tech and equipment manufacturing remained vigorous with 16.1-percent and 11.6-percent increases respectively in the first 11 months. Infrastructure investment gained 3.7 percent, staying flat. Investment in property development rose 9.7 percent, also unchanged.