In the process of cell culture, various contamination problems caused by improper operation and other reasons have always been the focus of researchers. Especially in large-scale cell culture such as cell factories, the problem of cell contamination cannot be ignored.
In fact, when using cell factories for cell culture, if all the work is done in place and the awareness of prevention is established, a lot of pollution can be avoided. Specifically, it includes the following aspects:
1. Good rules and regulations: Strict rules and regulations must be established in the cell culture area, and only relevant personnel can enter. It must be reasonably arranged to ensure that the required items are placed nearby, and unnecessary movement is avoided when handling cells.
2. Aseptic operation: This is a very important point in the process of cell culture, including the preparation of culture medium, liquid sub-packaging, material handling, how to operate when inhaling or aspirating liquid, etc., all of which must be strictly implemented in accordance with the principle of sterility.
3. Keep the work area clean: Cell culture has very high requirements on the environment, and it is necessary to keep the work area routinely clean, which involves floors and countertops, carbon dioxide incubators, biological safety cabinets, waste, water baths, etc.
4. Rational use of antibiotics: Antibiotics can reduce cell contamination, but over-reliance tends to ignore aseptic operations, and the use of antibiotics can also change the biological characteristics of cells and mislead experimental results, so they should be used with caution.
5. Establish a cell bank: Conditional institutions should establish their own cell bank, and the biological properties of cryopreserved cells will not change, which can eliminate the potential harm of hidden pollution.
Contamination of cells will affect their growth and reproduction, and these cells are generally discarded. Doing the above points can avoid contamination of cells in the cell factory and ensure the progress of the experiment.
The FAI climbed 5.9 percent year-on-year in the first 11 months of 2018, quickening from the 5.7-percent growth in Jan-Oct, the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Friday in an online statement.
The key indicator of investment, dubbed a major growth driver, hit the bottom in August and has since started to rebound steadily.
In the face of emerging economic challenges home and abroad, China has stepped up efforts to stabilize investment, in particular rolling out measures to motivate private investors and channel funds into infrastructure.
Friday's data showed private investment, accounting for more than 60 percent of the total FAI, expanded by a brisk 8.7 percent.
NBS spokesperson Mao Shengyong said funds into weak economic links registered rapid increases as investment in environmental protection and agriculture jumped 42 percent and 12.5 percent respectively, much faster than the average.
In breakdown, investment in high-tech and equipment manufacturing remained vigorous with 16.1-percent and 11.6-percent increases respectively in the first 11 months. Infrastructure investment gained 3.7 percent, staying flat. Investment in property development rose 9.7 percent, also unchanged.